CAT
SAT
MAT
FAT
By the way this technique totally doesn't work yet. Neither kid understands the concept of replacing the first letter with something else and just keeping the rest of the word the same. I thought it'd work, because they're so into making rhymes, but it doesn't. So Nora just has to re-sound out every new word to figure out what it is. She is, however, starting to figure out out how to do this so that she can read new words, which is pretty cool to watch.
Anyway, we were working on FAT and Milo had joined us, so I asked, what's the first letter?
Milo: F!
Me: What sound does F make?
Nora: Uf uf uf...no...
Milo: What?
Me: What sound does F make?
Milo: ...Fuck!
And then Jake and I try not to laugh, and basically fail. (Then Jake suggests that I start with the next word being "yuck").
No comments:
Post a Comment