But then others are really great, so...I don't know.
Mentor was asked today to apply for a chair's position in London. They're hiring 9 (NINE) people in our area to build up their program. This is happening at universities across the country and world, whereas today I sat in a faculty meeting and listened to a colleague gripe that the department should never approve any more positions in my area because we already have plenty of people (we have 4, which puts us as one of the smallest in the country).
I kind of feel the tides changing sometimes, like maybe I'm not going to be here forever. My area colleagues and I were talking about how pissed off we are about department/university bullshit but how much we like our town. Sometimes I think it's just going to be a matter of when, not if, each of us reaches the tipping point and bails.
No comments:
Post a Comment