Getting ready to go to school:
Working with scissors:
The kids had their first day of school today. It was a half day, and then on Thursday we'll have the first full day. The classroom is set up so that the kids can just do whatever they are interested in. All of the art supplies and other things are accessible so the children can decide to do what they want. They also have activities, for instance, today they had music class, but there is a lot of room for free play as well.
Drop off went well, no tears, and the kids were excited by all of the new things to see and do. Nora got a little sad during the middle of the day because she wanted me, but her teacher comforted her and she got over it fairly easily. I can only hope every morning goes as smoothly.
Both kids ate a large morning snack (this morning Chef Tom made fried rice), which meant that they didn't eat very much of their lunch. Milo used the potty 3 times. Nora seemed to enjoy the music; she told me she played the bells, and Milo played the drums.
I should have something poignant and profound to say about shifting to school, perhaps I should hum a few bars of Sunrise, Sunset, but I don't have anything in me right now. I'm still getting over the drama and stress of last week and preparing to travel again on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment