Something like 99% of the families around here pay their nannies under the table. We just had to be that one asshole family that does everything above board, and then gets socked with an unemployment claim.
Whatever! Friday the kids visited their new "school" for a while and had a good time. Friday afternoon I had a much-needed meet-up with my glamorous academic mom friend who is better than me in every way, shape, and form (and yet I still like her, go figure), and she told me to get a C in some areas of life. Because trying to get A+ in everything is killing us.
The funny thing is that I think I am getting a D- in a number of areas right now. We are kinda barely hanging on, here.
But it won't always be like this. If I get tenure, then when the kids go into kindergarten, I'll be on sabbatical. Imagine that...home all year. Kids in school (free!) all day. Hanging out with 5-year olds in the afternoon. It is something to hang on to.
No comments:
Post a Comment