What I didn't do: grade papers, finish my book writing, or do any damn writing on my article (this is why I'm not going to get tenure - no fucking time). It's 8:15, I should now do those things...but damn am I tired...
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Suck at Work, or at Home? My Choice
When Jake would stay home with the kids, he'd stay home with the kids. When I stay home with the kids, that's my time to get crap done, because I have to work at least part of the weekend. So today we went to the grocery store, played in the park, and had a bath. I made three meals, two snacks, packed two lunches for tomorrow, and did dishes 5 times. I vacuumed the floor, did 3 loads of laundry, swapped out the tablecloth, and met with an advisee while the kids napped. I checked on the order status of the kids' beds and mattresses, responded to emails, packed the kids' nap bags for tomorrow, and got their clothes ready. Nobody else is going to take care of this stuff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment